Thread: YTD on track
View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 06:45 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
You seem to have places along your rides you often like to stop in at normally if I'm tracking ya right? My ideal lunch break during a long ride is what ever I jam in the pockets or if I feel like carrying the rear stowage, I'll toss stuff in there. Less is more for me, but we do need to have something to bring up the energy levels when doing 100+ milers. Packing the water & sometimes coffee is a habitual burden in itself. Good thing about lugging the liquids though; you're likely to consume your liquids, therefore, the carrying load naturally lessens the burden. Many times I find I do not consume all the food I might bring for many reasons. Positive side, I can repack it the next time if I don't offer it up to someone that may have bonked on the trails.
I would pick a good restaurant to have lunch approximately 75 miles from home and use it as incentive to complete the 150 mile round trip. I'd eat a lot on those rides, I'm mostly out of the eat on rides habit now, although I did stop for a sandwich in Portsmouth NH just over 50 miles into a century once this year and for a barbecue truck I'm fond of 65 miles into an 80 mile ride (Milford NH). I'd been wanting to go there all summer, but it was closed whenever I had gone by. Totally a target of opportunity.