Old 09-14-05, 01:55 AM
Sincitycycler

Bikes: 2005 Scott CR1 Pro - 1992 Panasonix Fixed Conversion 60tx20t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sbhikes
Recumbents are not necessarily faster. But fast is only one measure of a bike. They can also be more comfortable, more relaxing, and easier to ride for a long distance.

If you are strong and have a recumbent that is set up good for hills, you may find you climb just as well or almost as well as on a traditional bike. I feel a bit slower on hills, but I also seem more able to catch up to people on hills on my recumbent. I don't get that at all, but there it is.

They are also quite a hoot to ride. People stare and want to ask you about it. Little kids act like they've seen the coolest thing ever. You make people smile (and you make some people sneer--oh well.) It's like a totally new toy in your toy box. Like a regular bike but different. Why only ride one kind unless you have to?
They are also quite a hoot to ride. People stare and want to ask you about it. Little kids act like they've seen the coolest thing ever. You make people smile (and you make some people sneer--oh well.) It's like a totally new toy in your toy box. Like a regular bike but different.
Awesome!