Old 03-14-24, 05:49 PM
hazetguy 
only here for the "LIKES"

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,053 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Here in the snowbelt in the winter, I watch a lot of videos of trail rides all over the country. I see two types of cyclist on these rides. One is the rider that has No visible trace of tubes. patch kits, or pumps. I guess they rely on help from other riders. The other type is the rider that has his whole bike loaded down with bags. They look like that if someone invited to to a cross country ride, they could say lets go. For just an out and back ride, I just dont understand either one.

I ride with a trunk pack, that should have enough tools, tubes, patch kits, mini pump, and other emergency parts that should get me home 99% of the time without walking.

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...s-cycllst.html

Originally Posted by rydabent
I for one when I am not riding enjoy watching videos of cyclist rallies and rides. On some of the rallies especially, it is amazing to me how varied the riders really are. Some ride with no visible tools or tubes for flats at all. Then I have see more than a few that ride say a 20-30-40 mile rally with what looks like a loaded fully contained cross country loaded bike. I really wonder why they are riding with so much on their bikes and trikes for such a short ride.