View Single Post
Old 04-17-15, 01:34 PM
ahultin

Bikes: 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000, 2014 Fuji Finest 1.5 (wife), 2008 Fuji Finest 1.0 (Daughter), 2012 Fuji Cross 2.0 (son), 2011 Cannondale Road Tandem 2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Received this today and while all fits, I don't have warm fuzzies. The side where the Garmin screw goes thru is extremely thin at the center, thin enough where it flexed quite a bit holding it and it cracked while tightening. That side is more stabilizing than holding so I am going to give it a go on my next ride anyhow, I run a lanyard for "just in case" anyhow.
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
Okay, tried several ways to get the Garmin Flat mount to work on a K-Edge Combo Mount. Because of the size of the Flat Mount and where the two screw holes are located, it is not possible to mount them together other than using double sided tape. I came up with another solution

It has two sets of holes for the flat head socket cap screws, so the interface could be installed on either set of holes in the K-Edge Mount. This will work if you need to turn the Garmin mount 90° to accommodate Edge 1000 in landscape mode or a Forerunner 910/920 with the quick release mount.

This mount uses all the original Garmin mounting hardware, and requires one additional M4 nylon insert lock nut or M4 acorn nut for the thumbscrew.
K-Edge Combo Mount Virb Interface on Shapeways