View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 09:25 AM
tgenec86
Rouleur

Bikes: Felt FC (SRAM Red), Nashbar Carbon (SRAM Red), Felt BR2 (SRAM Red), Salsa El Mariachi 29'er - solid steel, Peugeot PX-10 1972

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 63 Posts
My go-to daily rider is actually a Bike Nashbar carbon frame that I built up with SRAM Red. I was riding a Felt AR2, their aero bike from 2011 and the back end was so whippy and flexible that I could not even get out of the saddle without the rear wheel rubbing the brakes. I sent it back and unfortunately a long drawn-out battle ensued where they claimed there was nothing wrong with the bike. I had races coming up, didn't have a whole lot of cash to spend, and had completely disassembled the Felt prior to sending the frame off - so I did some shopping. Nashbar had their home brand carbon frame & forks on sale for only $480, so I took a chance. It came in and I was astonished at how well built and clean it was. Once built up, it rode every bit as well as a $4,800 frame & forks. I have had that silly thing now for eight years and it still rides beautifully. No markings at all, just a stealth black carbon weave. I won many races in the Masters field in GA on that bike, and every time I stood on the podium I always got a chuckle about having it leaning on the podium block in front of me, while the guys on the next two steps were usually riding bikes that probably weighed in around $5K to $7K.