Old 07-01-20, 08:56 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4392 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Recumbent while I recover from injury - which seat/bike?

I'm a roadie looking to recumbents while I am unable to sit in a normal saddle. Hoping that you folks have some advice.

I have some kind of groin injury. Dr. thinks it might be a bruised pelvic bone. I won't know for sure until I get an MRI next week. Whatever it is, it's painful for me to sit on a saddle with weight on my groin. Dr. estimates that likely I should be out of the saddle for 4-6 weeks.

So I'm looking for a used 'bent. I don't have significant opinion about what kind - LWB/SWB/Trike. Just something that is comfortable to sit on and will allow me to exercise my legs. Looking at local Craigslist listings, some of the seats look like some of my weight would be pressing against my crotch, which I don't want. For example, this Bacchetta Giro. On the other hand, this Terra Trike looks likely to be more comfortable. And this Rans Rocket looks possible?

Any opinions about either a good strategy for comfort and basic exercise potential, as well as specific comments about these bikes (including asking prices) would be most welcome.

Oh - added info. I tend to being prone to various orthopedic complaints. I figure that something will come up again and that I'll be glad to have an alternative rig in my stable. So I'm not just buying this for the short term riding, but for longer term insurance.

Last edited by MinnMan; 07-02-20 at 12:30 PM.