Old 01-22-21, 07:23 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by Cycletography
I agree! However, self learning starts with some assumptions and a plan. The goal is to develop a baseline of working knowledge to more efficiently figure out what works best for our our specific situation (casual rider to racer to endurance rider). The info in the links that I posted was very helpful to me in my quest to better understand what I need and why.

By comparison, the "common sense guide" that you posted doesn't provide any "actionable intelligence".
If you don't eat on a two hour ride and bonk, then "actionable intelligence" would suggest that the next time you try a similar ride, you eat.

Do you really need to wade through pages and pages of a guy's blog to "develop a baseline of working knowledge" about that?

Think about what you're saying here, because it's starting to paint you as someone who A) can't think for themselves and B) can't independently try something without a random guy on the internet telling them to.

This is probably one of the least difficult concepts to grasp when it comes to going out and piddling around at an easy pace for a couple of hours, but you're trying to turn it into a dissertation defense.