Old 09-16-19, 05:28 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
I'm sorry your bike was stolen, that stinks.

I guess I can't summon up any strong objection to any of them. The difference when you double the price is a lot less obvious with a road bike than it is with a MTB. And some of the really nice features (like much better wheels) don't even come with some of the $3000 bikes.

I really like the Contend's color. I miss my 2007 Tacoma in a similar color.

The bike I was looking at yesterday that struck my fancy is the new Specialized Domane, it's much like that Ruby with its suspension features, but they're making allowances for bigger tires and it's well over $2000 new. Specialized made a splash this year proclaiming the end of women's specific bikes in their lineup, so you have to wonder how seriously they were taking it before.

Gravel bikes really are a little bit different, and the Topstone really is a full on gravel bike. Like, you can buy a 4wd and that makes it appealing even if you seldom really challenge it. You'd probably want to swap out the tires for slicks. And it's got a lot of normal commuter features that a nicer road bike or fancier gravel bike wouldn't - fenders and racks. The steering is going to be just a little more mountain-bikey, a little more ready to go over things but not as nimble.
Genesis 49:16-17