Old 12-10-17, 10:11 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
The geometry numbers are significantly different. Looking at each in size 56 for example, the BM has a 15mm shorter head tube, 30cm longer seat tube, and 18mm longer chainstays.

I think it is meaningless, though, to look at a geometry chart and say one set of numbers is faster than another.
I asked what size the OP rides and what size Fairdale is being considered because something like a 56 in both is quite different, so maybe it's one size smaller or larger in old the frames to account for the different fits between companies.
I don't thithink 18mm chainstay difference is much since that's to the back of the horizontal dropout and the wheelbase can be set shorter if desired. 1.5cm headtube difference?...meh. that isn't really something I would find to be a big difference for riding faster(the whole point of the thread).

Agreed on calling one set of geometry numbers faster than another won't have much meaning.