Old 08-17-19, 08:53 PM
rubynewbie

Bikes: 2019 Trek Domane SL 6 Womens’s and 2018 Cannondale Quick 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
This isn't a bike question but a marriage issue. We are being asked to take sides in dispute between husband and wife. Nobody here can referee a relationship between husband and wife.

Carbon fiber holds up with plenty of burly men riding them hard but that doesn't change a thing about this issue. Whether it was too much money and why your husband is angry is something you have to work out with your husband.

I'm going to give this advice/opinion - there is no such thing as "my money" and "his money" in marriage. Marriage is either a 100% union where we put the other before self or it isn't a marriage.

I hope things work out.

-Tim-
While I completely understand and appreciate your point, I really am interested to know if I bought over my head or not. I have no problem returning this bike tomorrow and exchanging it for something different if it's warranted. My husband and I know next to nothing about bikes other than what we have been googling for a couple of days. One debate/disagreement/spat is hardly going to make or break us and I am just looking for opinions from those with cycling knowledge. If I am going to exchange this bike I would like to do it tomorrow. I already missed one day of riding over this and really hate to miss tomorrow too.