Old 08-08-19, 09:03 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
While it poured at times in my 'hood, we didn't get the strong winds. Strange because I heard on the news that trees were down on Kelly, MLK and Lincoln Drives, and two people who live in Chestnut Hill said ti was really bad there. The brunt must have skirted by area.

My ex told me that a couple of times, while I was away on tours that had me riding home, that my now-departed cat would sit at the top of the stairs and stare down at the door on the day I was scheduled to return.
A few weeks ago I got home from work on Friday night and immediately left to go on a quick overnight bikecamping trip to a nearby lake, mainly to test out some new gear.

My wife told me that the dogs were beside themselves all night, constantly looking out the windows looking for me. They're fine if I leave all day for work, but if I come home and then leave again they can't handle it.

The cats also seem to be clingy when I've been gone for a while, but they are not as overt about it as the dogs.

Broke my heart. The long term plan is to take the dogs with me on the bike -- the smaller one will ride in a front basket mounted to a rack, the bigger one will ride in a trailer.

Long term plan though. I have to train the bigger one to ride in a trailer because she's afraid of everything.