Old 09-15-19, 08:46 AM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Their sizing chart has been spot-on for me, but only after I took the time to stop making assumptions about my dimensions; the last time that I was measured for a suit, it was a 44, but the tape measure puts me at 41 now, which is what they specify for L. Overall dimensions are: 5'11" with long-ish arm/torso proportions, ~185lbs.

The L jacket fits slim but not restricting; still room for belly-breathing, but I wouldn't want to put more than two thin layers under it. Sleeve and back length are great, despite my slightly skewed proportions. Really impressed with the shoulder articulation on-bike. The L brevet base layer (that I received in error and was allowed to keep) fits like a second skin - some compression but not constriction.

Same story with the two casual pieces, both merino sweaters (one polo, one crew). I think that the goal posts are a little different between on- and off-bike, and the same size should reflect that; the L sweaters are a slim fit that's appropriate for casual wear without veering in to form-fitting lunkhead territory.

Oh, and on returns, I'll reiterate - very easy for someone that doesn't like to be bothered with that kind of ****. The bag that they arrive in has an additional adhesive closure strip so that you can re-use it for returns (so take a little care when opening). The return shipping is already paid and the label is included with the packing list. You do have to fill out and print a return invoice, but if you have access to printer, it's a 30-second process. Then you just need to wander past a FedEx drop-off location.
Thanks! I measured myself, yesterday so I think I’m set .

Good to to know about the returns too.