View Single Post
Old 06-28-04, 08:31 PM
BikeInMN
Dude who rides bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have both a Record 10 with FSA Superlight carbon cranks and a Dura Ace bike with the new 10 speed crankset (although the rest of the DA kit is 9).

The Record is what I race. I've raced Record for a number of years and it's what I really like when push comes to shove. I love the way it feels and the Ergo levers just feel right to me. It's light, trick and very pimpy with all the carbon. Add in the Zipp 303 tubbies I race on and the whole bike weighs just over 15 pounds with pedals. The FSA Superlights are ok but their just cranks and I don't think I'd pay retail for them although the look really cool. I guess I really just prefer regular old alloy Record cranks.

The DA is maybe a bit smoother and the new front crank/chainring combo is the best shifting and stiffest front end I've ever used. It's on my training bike which I run a Powertap on and have found that the 9 speed DA cassette to work best for that application. If someone told me I could only run the new DA10 and that was that, I probably wouldn't be too bummed out.

If I were building a dream bike, and I have a few times, I'd go straight for the Campy but that's just me.

Either way you're getting really nice stuff that will last for years.