View Single Post
Old 01-25-22, 03:59 PM
rivers

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 82 Posts
I'm just starting to up my intensity this week now that my paternity leave has ended, I'm back at work, and my wife and I have started to get into a routine with the little one. Today was just a one hour group ride on zwift with a few efforts thrown in, tomorrow is week 8 of the ftp builder sessions (with only 45 seconds recovery between efforts. That is going to hurt), and I round off the week with 2 different sweet spot sessions. I'll have my commute on Thursday and Saturday. But Saturday will be the long way around, circa 40-50 miles, and will round out the week nicely. Sunday and Monday will be rest days due to travelling to London with the little man to register his birth at the US embassy.
I'm way down on mileage already this year due to not only the little man arriving, but moving. I used to commute 20 miles/day 3 days/week. But the new commute is half that and interspersed with the train. And the route is through the city centre a d main roads instead of through the countryside. But even though my volume is way down, my fitness hasn't suffered. My FTP is within 5 watts of what it was at the end of the season, so no doubt it will only go up from here. I'm going for a BBAR (Best British All Around) recognition this year, which for women is at least a 20 mph average over a 25, 50, and 100 mile TT. I was off by 4 minutes on the 100 and 1:30 on the 50 last year, so well within my reach for this year.