View Single Post
Old 03-31-18, 11:40 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,482 Times in 1,838 Posts
Originally Posted by 22ster
Whether to drive a car is part of a belief system because materialism is a never ending cycle of desire enslaving us through consumerism, passions not possessions brings happiness and all of the best/efficient designs are the most simple, that includes the way the we live.
Can be.

So, when we go against this, we are cheating ourselves. Religion is a belief, they all teach good things, its the lack of beliefs that causes the problems, the cheating. You are right to try your hardest.
Might be Your religion ... but to some folks, it is just transportation. And as for "cheating" .... you make your own rules, and then complain because you break your own rules ... But that is your Choice.

I believe the Earth is flat, ships always appear mast first. Life is simple.
because ships travel underwater until they get close. everyone knows that.

Are ships car-lite?

I have a car, I plan on using it far less, hopefully stop altogether, because I want to stop cheating myself, I don't want to be a slave, I want to be free, I want to start with the man in the mirror and be a better person to myself, then I will change the world. God bless.
if you are enslaved by your own ideas, you will never be free, no matter how many or few miles you drive.

Free your mind.