View Single Post
Old 04-09-15, 06:36 PM
Eyedrop

Bikes: 1999 Trek 2000T 47cm, 2017 Ribble R872 Ultegra Di2 47cm, 2010 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 15.5in

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iBike vs. Power tap

Hello everybody! I'm exited to be finally buying a power meter in the next month or so. I want the best value possible. I don't want to spend any more than I have to. I just want to be able to pace myself better during rides and analyze my fitness progression over time. I've never used power before but always use my HR monitor to stay in the right zones. It's helped me so much. Ive been reading "training and racing with a power meter" and I'm convinced it will help me become more fit.

Im really interested in the new iBike newton+ for its low cost, good software, and comparable accuracy to more expensive products. I would try stages power meters but I'm unsure if my bike is compatable (felt da TT bike). The powertap is tried and true but heavy and expensive. Plus, I run 650c wheels which are hard to come by with power tap. Quarq and SRM are obviously out of budget. What should I buy? Is the iBike really that bad? The new one gets great reviews but some forum members say it's just not good enough and you must spend atleast $1000 or your wasting your money. Opinions?