sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack

Recovery ride for me today with coffee after. Five of us at 4:30am, and another friend who just came for coffee.

First pumpkin spice latte of the season.

I was depressed about the state of the world yesterday. But amazingly: one coffee klatch and things feel way better.
Right?

Standing start sprints on tap for today. Yesterday was an off day. I took my new FFWD Disc-T (track) wheel over to Winning Wheels to have Hector glue on the Vittoria Pista Evo tubie. He shared a bunch of his "racing days at Encino" stories with me. He's pretty excited that BJ and I are going to Worlds. He said it's kind of a big deal. I guess it is! Senior Games to UCI Worlds in five years. Thinking about it, it's sort of incredible. If you guys on this here Forum had said to me five years ago when I first started lurking here that i'd be racing on the track in a world event in five years, I would have been sure you all had two heads. Life is pretty trick, isn't it?