Old 07-29-19, 12:27 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked 871 Times in 491 Posts
Originally Posted by well biked
I wonder if the c-to-c spacing between the chainrings on the 11sp crankset, when used with a 10 sp chain (if that's what you're doing) might be the problem. If so, when you get a bit cross chained when in the small ring, the slightly too-wide chain for the cranks might be hitting the big ring and causing the malfunction. Otherwise, it seems like an odd problem. I thought of this possibility only in theory, I don't know what, if any, difference in c to c spacing between the chainrings there is between Campy's 10 and 11 sp cranks, I just thought of it as a possibility. If this does turn out to be the issue, you could likely run an 11sp chain and have it work fine with your 10 sp cassette. Good luck getting it figured out
That's an interesting theory. I hadn't even considered the chain. I wonder if it's also brand specific. The chain I currently have is Shimano.

I have a new Campy 10 speed chain I can try. I can probably get ahold of an 11 speed chain just to experiment with if the matching brand 10 speed doesn't help.