Old 01-24-20, 02:59 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I mostly use the free Wahoo Fitness app on my Android and iPhone. It's compatible with my Wahoo and XOSS ANT+ and Bluetooth sensors (if the phone is -- I use an old 2011-2012 era ANT+ adapter kit from Wahoo for the iPhone). Transfers to Strava, no problem.

Cyclemeter was good too, but only the paid premium version. Pretty inexpensive for a year's subscription. The free trial version is pretty useless and flooded with ads, so it's more of a turnoff than a good marketing scheme. The paid version has lots of customizable features, including voice prompts. If a maker of quality bike computers licensed Cyclemeter's app for programming workouts, I'd seriously consider buying it.

I just got an inexpensive XOSS G+ computer that's compatible with my ANT+ and Bluetooth sensors, pairs quickly and easily, has GPS and GNSS for tracking rides, and uploads to Strava after a ride. Bypasses my phone, which saves battery life for longer rides. And I don't need the ANT+ dongle for the phone. But the XOSS doesn't offer any navigation aids, just logging where I go. I can check my phone if I need maps or directions. I always pull over to do that anyway, so I didn't really need on-bike navigation, although I can see why some folks prefer it.
Likes For canklecat: