Old 08-13-23, 01:15 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1117 Post(s)
Liked 1,212 Times in 769 Posts
Originally Posted by daviddavieboy
It's not like signal lights would be used anyway. The ONLY reason brake lights are used is because people have no choice as the are activated when the brakes are used.

That would make it a MOPED not a motorcycle.

Easy solution - don't get one.. It's not like anyone would be forcing you to get one. Being said I ran out of battery on my E-converted touring bike after 100 KM off road. It was a great workout to make the final 30km to my stop for the day. I was nursing a injury at the time and would have NEVER been able to ride that far at all if it was not assisted.
Somewhere I think I wrote about Mopeds - and how, at least where I live, are considered motorcycles.

I have absolutely nothing against pedal assist ebikes and will happily get one when it suits my lifestyle and abilities. Except that I think the regulations on speed, vis-a-vis being allowed on MUPs, etc, is a little liberal. But pedal-assisted bikes are bicycles. Ebikes that have a throttle that doesn't require pedaling at all, even if they have pedals, to me, have the same status as mopeds, that is, are motorcycles.