Old 06-28-20, 03:24 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
If I see a bicyclist who appears to need help, I'll stop and offer it. Once I rode past a guy at the side of a road who had patched a tube and put it back inside his tire. I saw him in my rear view mirror trying to pump up the tire with his Co2 inflator. I did a U-turn and rode back to see if he needed help. He couldn't get his cartridge onto the inflator. It was a smooth neck cartridge and he need a threaded one. I gave him one of mine. It save him a long walk.

A few years ago on a very hot humid day my Silca frame fit pump exploded whilst I was topping up a tire on the side of the road. I started walking the ten miles home. I saw a bicyclist turn off a side road and asked if I could borrow his pump. He said no and rode on by. Fortunately I was riding tubular tires and was able to very carefully ride the smooth sections of the road. A loan of his pump or him pumping my tire up would have been appreciated immensely.

I've lost count of the number of bicyclists I've given a spare tube to or whom I adjusted/reconnected a V-brake caliper for.

Cheers