Old 08-09-20, 08:51 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
What fans are you folks using to keep cool indoors? I was thinking of getting one of the industrial floor fans...
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
I use two lasko pro performance fans, which are the gold standard among many, and I have a third fan, lasko cyclone, which I also use but isn’t as good. I don’t have AC in my basement and lately I train in upper 70s and humid conditions and while not totally pleasant it works. I’d be so happy if I could keep the space 70 and below
Has anyone figured out a way to run those with a remote yet? Like, is it possible to plug one into a smart plug and then have your phone (or smart speaker or whatever) control how much power it gets?

Right now my cooling "solution" is a cheap lasko 20" box fan strapped to some stacked wire crates and I reach over to turn the dial roughly halfway (and again 3/4ths of the way) into my race/workout (and distract myself from the pain by calculating when those points are and how far away they are). I'd love an additional fan like one of those blowers, but would like to be able to regulate the speed. I mean I could just replace the box fan with one and reach over to control that, but I'd like an additional fan, not just a single, more powerful one where the one is now and it'd be awesome to control the strength so it's not blowing me away when I first start.