Old 03-16-06, 02:21 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by ripa
So I’m out for my morning ride and all is going well. I’m at 9.7 miles and just starting to hit my stride when I hear someone welling from my right side. I glance over and see a fairly large German shepherd racing towards me and closing fast. I pump once to accelerate but he was to close before I could get up any steam. WHAM!!!! He takes me and the bike out.
For those of you who rely on pepper spray, it appears the OP may not have had time to use the stuff even if he had it.

I won't carry the stuff, mostly because I've been in situtations where I would have used it. Having said that, I've had scarier encouter (on humans -- dope addicts desperate for a fix are scarier and less predictable than a German shepherd). I think you'll have an easy time finding the guy, but if the neighbors won't help, I'll bet a letter to the editor of the local paper asking people to manage their animals properly would. You have a description that I think will make the guy and the dog recognizable. Somebody will come forward.