genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by FrenchFit
Nonsense, Read the Code in Davis, you'll be ticketed on campus or in the city: Davis Municipal Code (Davis, California) The crazy State of Florida is an outlier.
HA! Read your own code. Sidewalk riding is only EXCLUDED in certain areas... and sidepath riding is not excluded at all.

No person shall ride or propel a bicycle or skateboard upon a sidewalk or any improvements constructed or placed on a sidewalk within the central traffic district as defined in Section 16-1 of this Code, except a person may ride a bicycle or skateboard across a sidewalk only as may be necessary to enter or leave property adjacent to that sidewalk.

(b) No person shall ride, use or otherwise operate or propel a skateboard on any public right-of-way, roadway, pavement, parking lot or sidewalk located within the following area: Beginning at a point of the extension of the north curb of 2nd Street to the centerline of the westernmost Southern Pacific railroad track; then southerly along the centerline of the westernmost Southern Pacific railroad track to an extension of the southernmost east/west building line of 130 G Street; then westerly along that building line extension to the south east corner of 130 G Street; then northerly along the east building face of 130 G Street to the point of beginning. (SP and bus depot)
And again... as I mentioned multiple times in this thread... city centers are NOT the best place upon which to ride a bike on sidewalks. (I even mentioned "God bless messengers" in my opening post, due to their need to move about on city core streets)... and I even listed why. I also mentioned that cyclists and motorists tend to function quite well as mutual traffic, when their speed differences are not great.

But you want to adhere to dogma, and declare that sidewalk cycling is illegal... and therefore should not be done. Nice try, but fail!