Old 01-24-21, 07:23 PM
UKFan4Sure
Useless Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 113 Posts
EBay Tinkers With Sizing Charts in Listings

Have any of you ever sought to purchase a bike on eBay? You used to be able to select frame sizes in either inches or centimenters. As I've always understood it, mountain, older road bikes, and hybrids are designated in inches, and road bikes are always in CM. They recently changed that to where only half-inch increments are the filtering selections. There are no selections for say, a 55 or 56 cm frame size any longer. What's even funnier, is you can select to see up to a 32 inch frame, which would be an 81.28 cm. When have you ever seen an 81 cm frame, folks? I contacted customer (dis)service, and they said, "that's the way the system works." No amount of explaining to them that road bikes are measured and specified in CM would change their minds.

So, I guess eBay has decided that industry standards no longer apply to selling on their site. I am beyond exasperated. Now, yes, I understand that one can do the math. But the problem with that is the people who may be listing a bike, may do it wrong when they list. If the frame is listed on a decal as a 56 (or whatever), you should be able to select that exact size on their web site. It was so much simpler when you could select the boxes for the sizing you wanted to see, like 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57... and so on.

You can't even select a 700c wheelsize any more. You can only select wheel size in inches!!

Last edited by UKFan4Sure; 01-24-21 at 07:28 PM.
Likes For UKFan4Sure: