Old 07-01-17, 04:18 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,193 Times in 606 Posts
Originally Posted by dwing
Bringing this to the top to get feedback on the pattern. Thought my android samsung was infected, but, i just used my ipad for the first time in a long time, brought up a number of forum sites /web pages no malware popups, .. And the first time i opened bikeforums the malware popup came up. It jumps the page to different url and cant go back to orignial bikeforum page. Have to close and reopen. So, its not isolated to android only.. I think the Bikeforum site has got some malware issues linked to it.
Absolutely no question about it. That is exactly what has been happening to me over the last two/three weeks: this site and no other site.

The pattern is as you describe: different things 'pop up' with urls such as 'retail boy' etc. Then, in my case, the page jumps to a fake 'survey' from Bell Canada (in Ontario), and now Bell Aliant (at my summer location on Canada's east coast).

This happens on my work computer at home in Ontario, and on any of our home computers (MacPro, MacAir, ipad) -- in Ontario and here on the east coast. To repeat for clarity: this does not happen on any other website either I or my wife visit, on any computer.