View Single Post
Old 09-04-19, 09:28 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Witterings
I was hoping that may have been the case and part of the reason I asked so thank you for that !!!

Did you use a roadlink or anything I was looking at the Sunrace extenders???
Well, gaps not being a problem is just one man's opinion. YMMV and others may disagree. I've never been bothered by wide spacing but then again, I ride 48x16 fixed gear on the road and that rarely has the "right" gear. .

I did not use an extender. A CS-M8000 11/42 cassette with 46/30 chainrings works with an Ultegra GS Di2 shadow derailleur on my bike.

Again, keep in mind that my comments are specific to my bike - AKA disclaimer that it may not work with anyone else' bike. YMMV. Use only as directed. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. No user serviceable parts inside. Past performance does not indicate future results. Etc.

One of my fears is saying, "Yeah, it is great" and then someone spends lots of money and it doesn't work on their bike. I would feel bad. At a certain point one needs to just try it. Getting a worn out MTB cassette from a friend might be good to test with. I don't have one to send you or I would.

Anyway, here it is. Roadies are like, "Look at that Cassette!!!" and MTB guys are like, "Is that a mountain cassette???" Nobody really knows what to make of it.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 09-04-19 at 09:40 AM.