View Single Post
Old 07-30-18, 10:00 AM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
I believe NBC SN is the greatest sports network in North America. They have single-handedly brought back sports like horse racing, Track & Field and others and made them must see events. I cannot wait to see what they do with the Indy 500 next year. They take sporting events that nobody else wants and makes them into winners . They know how to cover a big event like no other network.

Their coverage of the tour is really extensive, it's pretty much on all day long for 21 days straight. There's not much more they can do to get eyes on the TV set than that. No other network would dare take a chance and do that. We'd be lucky to get snippets of the race from the likes of ESPN or CBS Sports.

I really like the crew they have put together to give us the tour and they seemed to pass the microphone around to everyone much more than they ever have. Phil and Paul are the best, they are the Patriarchs of the tour and for me, the voice of the tour. And the rest of the commentators really add some spice to the whole event and I love the fact that they don't hold back and they openly disagree with each other in such an honest way. Bob Roll has a great sense of humor and gives some great insight. And yes I even like Steve Porino!

All-in- all I am thrilled with the coverage we get from NBCSN. It's far better than what we used to get, which was pretty much nothing. Now if they can cover The Monuments this way, then we would really have something!