View Single Post
Old 07-30-18, 11:50 AM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ev780
All in all it was good stuff. To answer your question.
  • Drone work would add some different perspective.
  • On board cameras real time instead of the little snipets after the race.
  • Mic up some riders and have Porino do some live interviews in the race.
  • Access to data. Cadence, power, gear combo, speed etc. on the screen real time would be fascinating! I know the teams would resist thinking it would put them at a disadvantage, but tough,
  • Someone already said this but more behind the scenes stuff. Teams, gear, training, nutrition, race operations, logistics, safety, etc. Way more interesting than some random stone castle. Although, I do enjoy the travel side of the broadcast too.
Someone mentioned Taylor Phinney earlier. He is a Boulder stoner, not a California stoner. So he sounds exactly like he is supposed to sound.
You have some really good suggestions there. I especially like the drone idea and mic ing up the riders for live interviews.

I like the Grid Walk they do in F1 and Indycar before the race starts when the drivers and cars are getting ready to go, the interviewer runs down the grid trying to grab quick snippets and comments from the drivers, team managers, movie stars or whoever they can grab quickly. Its fast-paced and often the comments are quick, honest and interesting. I don't see why cycling couldnt do it to.