Old 09-16-19, 10:25 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
If you go 20 dont waste time on retro like Haro, they are updated but the geometry on the new stuff is way better. I am biased though, retro may be your thing as it brings back memories, for me I'm just over it.

It will take practice, I'm 49 and just got back from a 2 hr session of working on bar spins, manuals, 180's (trying to get back to 520's flat), and hops. Wheelies are about the easiest thing to do so you can start there to work on balance.

I rode BMX into my 30's, went more to other riding, but came back to BMX 20 about a year ago.

My fav bikes are Cult and Subrosa, they give props to old school but are the latest and greatest equipped, and have cool branding. I have a 26" Devotion and 20/26 Subrosa, stunning bike out of the box but I did a little upgrading. 29" is basically 700c road but wider so I stayed under that so I can do some harder street riding. 24 was to close to 20, rather ride 20.

Really depends on your riding, may want to pick up a decent new school 20 on Craigslist or Offerup. Kids remove brakes then realize they dont want to ride like that and give up, so they sell cheap. Save good money for when you are sure what you want.

Last edited by Bikerider007; 09-16-19 at 01:32 PM.
Likes For Bikerider007: