Old 10-02-19, 12:28 PM
smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 3S1M
I almost rode a wheelie last night on my son's mountain bike. LOL. I got the front tire higher than I thought I would. It surprised me. LOL.

Anything over a 20" bmx bike around here is vaporware. I don't know if it's my location or what but I don't think I've seen one with 24" or larger. Unless I just passed by quickly cuz it was so expensive. I'll keep my eyes open. But the main thing was doing it on a budget. I'm tempted to pick up a 20"er just to try it out. There are a lot of lower end 20" bmx bikes for sale. I'm sure some of them are junk. I still find it laughable how they are priced. I'll see a beat up "Next" brand and they'll want 50-70 bucks for it. LOL. there are some deals on 20"ers though. Even some better bikes go for not a lot of money cuz I think they just need the money. But some of them are in areas I'm not really wanting to go to......

It might not be a bad idea to see what I think of a 20"er first. I can always resell it if I think it's too small.
Same here, I live a few miles outside of a small Rural town in Southern Mo.

I see folks in and around town on bikes everyday, But I have never seen anyone around here on a BMX bike bigger than a 20". Just not that common in certain areas.

A few weeks ago I drive 45 Mins North to the closest Bike shop. They had tons of Mountain Bikes, Expensive road bikes and a few kids BMX bikes, but no BMX Cruisers as they are normally called.

The next weekend I drove over an hour South East of me to a bigger Bike shop, they had tons of bikes of every kind, they probably 25+ BMX bikes, but only one was a 26" BMX... I test road it around the lot. It was so much better than trying to get my big butt on a 20"... So, its got me looking at the big ones now...

There is a pretty cool FB group called 24*26*29* inch BMX Cruisers Only! and everyone (except me) has one or more of these things...
Some guys have a half a dozen or more...

I think I said it in here or another thread. A few weeks back, I picked up a brand new 20" BMX all set up for Freestyle, front and rear footpegs, roter, front and rear brakes... It was fairly cool for a cheapy, but its just too damn small... Even with the bars adjusted a bit FWD, I still can not ride it.

Failure on my part for not doing more checking and test riding similar sized bikes 1st...

I ended up buying a new 29" wheeled Mountain Bike and I have been riding that. I still have the BMX bug, but I'll have to ride that till I can get my hands on a BMX "Cruiser" that I like.