Old 02-11-13, 02:31 AM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
Now I can spin 16ish mph normal and 20mph under 130rpm...still mean nothing when pointed 1-2% downhill with a tail wind....ever so frustrating. Some fellow filipino caught me after the 48mph decent and said I can suck there wheel. Wow I wish i could and told them I can't spinf more then 20mph, we chatted for a bit as he was a local, he said the next sag (3) few miles away will have a mechanic there. Sweet I find the BF group and hope to get the bike looked at. Got to the sag, now 47 miles from the start, spot Vest wife and threw the bike down on the grass patch I found, got a turkey sandwich, m&ms (awesome), fig nuwtons and 2 water bottles. Saw a long line at the mech tent. Told TH and Vests to go on and I hope to see them again at next sag. I had to wait through 5 bike repairs before I present my problem. He threw in hands in the air and said he can't fix the shifter, I told him I expect that but can you adjust the rear D cable to give me 4 gears down putting my down in on the 15t. He made the quick adjustment, I threw a 5 in the tip jar and got back on the road. YES pedal resistance!!! Felt like my ride was just starting and I'm half way into this thing LOL

Got into my happy zone cruising at 20mph at around 70-80rpm. Passed a crap load of people some attempted to grab my wheel, one succeed. Then the adobo club rolled past but not too fast only 22-23mph, I can handle this rpm. About 15 in their train so I jumped in. what a shaky group. I love my filipino brothers but come on, learn to freaking corner. I hear carbon braking going on at mid corner then some got pushed out into the side of the road. I jumped to 6th wheel and witness horrible paceline. The guy in front of me let the 4 in front of him do all the rotating, leaving gaps at each pull and caused yo yoing at the front of the pack. Can't image how the back felt. Witnessed one more corner at speed, right hander and someone cut my line pushed me out past the ctr line, car was about 100ft away lucky it stopped. F this BS, I am not getting taken out this far in no mans land of palm street farms. I dropped the hammer out of that corner and dropping the F bomb..peace out my filipino brothers thanks for a couple mile tow. I got back in my groove and sustained my 20mph ave all the way to the next sag. My solo group swelled to about 15. I got some high five for my pull as we arrived to the SAG 4. Told them my shifter broke and out here singlespeeding it and their jaws dropped some LOL. I found TH , Vest and wife with SAG food in hand. Now 75 miles into it.

We push on for the last leg and somewhere to the the SAG my legs got too much into the 19-20mph groove and dropped the BF group...sorry
around mile 90 for me as we bend back towards the snow

and I can still smile, actually feeling pretty good

I stop at the last SAG, got a banana and more powerful M&Ms waitng for the BF group to catch up.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.