Old 02-12-17, 10:07 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Seems to be the "there's no such thing as accidents" theory. Every 'accident' that's ever happened is someone's negligence and that person's employer should be told. Is that the consensus?
FWIW, I disagree with that, and agree with Silvercivic that some jobs warrant more oversight than others. Ruining 20 pizzas and killing a cyclist isn't the same as killing 20 kids and cyclist. It's horrible for the cyclist either way, of course, but the scale of devastation is different; I'd be satisfied cussing out a pizza delivery driver for a sketchy maneuver , but much more profoundly concerned about a school bus driver.

That said, this incident does not even meet the bar of "sketchy" in my mind, and is an error the type of which not only happens all the time, but is totally unavoidable. Misjudgement, mistakes, and errors are immutable facts of life.