View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 10:12 AM
chuckschreiner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@TimothyH I growed up in rural Arkansas. Ain’t got no stop lite, ain’t got no movie theater. I have family still there so ‘y’all’ is bred in my soul. (And was just in Atlanta April, 2017 for Masters).

I have this lust for deciduous forests and green. SoCal and much of the west is brown....desert. A dirt or gravel path thru this forest in mid September...Wow does that sound great. My wife has committed to a bicycle-oriented vacation next year. I have no idea how you’d get a bike from LA to Atlanta.
But this pic is exactly where I’d like to ride. Nothing about it (except the mosquitos!) that I don’t crave!

And thanks!
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Y'all come down @chuckschreiner! <-- That's southern for "you are invited to be my guest."

It is the Silver Comet Trail which runs from Atlanta into Alabama.

The deciduous forests of the east can seem exotic to those who grow up in more wide open places. On the other hand, I met someone who grew up on the prairie who felt claustrophobic in the woods.

The trees in that photo are actually timber planted on purpose by logging companies who lease the land. It isn't a particularly robust ecosystem in terms of biodiversity or productivity. Quite barren, actually, but it is nice to look at.

The bike photo was taken on the east side of the Brushy Mountain Tunnel looking away from the tunnel. If one were to turn around they would see this....

...or, at certain times of the year at a particular time of the day...

-Tim-

Last edited by chuckschreiner; 09-12-19 at 12:55 PM.