Old 06-17-20, 07:11 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 184 Posts
Originally Posted by tonedeaf
Bont - followed the advice of a few others with the canoe paddle foot issue, and tried out a pair of Blitzs.
LOL! My wife tells me I have built-in "flippers" for feet, so when we go for a swim while on vacation, she wears swim fins and I don't. I'd actually like to wear swim fins, but the same problem exists in that industry as does the cycle industry... swim fins aren't made for people with wide feet

I, too, had a pair of Bont Blitz shoes that resulted in the same experience. I wanted to keep them but just couldn't deal with the "tub" design. Why I thought the Bont Riot's I just purchased (and returned) would be any different, I don't know. I tried doing the heat molding on the Bont Riots and that did no good... I would've had to remanufacture the shoe to make them comfortable. So at least I'm officially done trying Bont's now... they probably work great for some, but not me.

The more I hear from others about their experiences, the more I think I can only recommend Lake shoes for people with non-standard sized feet. Lake is the only company that truly offers shoes in multiple widths beyond just regular and wide. While the expense of acquiring a good fitting pair of Lake shoes is going to be high, once found, I think their shoes become the shoes you keep for decades until they wear out. I'm still torn with the real leather uppers of Lake shoes... that make's the shoes really comfortable but really hot.