Old 07-10-20, 03:59 PM
expatbrit

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (now an ex-bicycle), Trek X-Cal, Giant Defy 3

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Nov 2017 -- "Extensive craniofacial trauma", including bilateral superior orbital, medial, and inferior orbital wall fratures, bilateral medial and lateral medial wall fractures, zygomatic process fractures, hard palate fractures, broken and comminuted nasal fractures, comminuted and displaced right and left mandibular fractures, dislocated hip and associated displaced posterior acetabular fracture, tibial plateau fracture, hyoid fracture, thyroid cartilage fracture, paralyzed vocal cord, deep lacerations to the face and knee, hematoma on the carotid, massive pulmonary bruising and some other bits and bobs. Note that your face is a crumple zone and it works, but it's not comfy. Like lesterburnham above, hit and run but his looks significantly worse. I only had a week in the ICU and did a half-century in May 2018. Bicycle helps the hip, which is still a little cranky 30 months later.

(I have other pictures. You probably don't want to see them)

Prior to that? Skinned my knee a few times crashing in the rain riding to work and Uni. Shoulder going over the bars on an MTB in 2000.

Last edited by expatbrit; 07-10-20 at 04:09 PM.