Old 01-25-21, 09:05 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
When someone creates a meetup on Zwift, they have the option to select "Meetup-Only View", which hides all other riders outside of meetup participants from view. This can be useful for informal races, and also good for keeping groups together. In this mode, riders in the meetup do not get any draft from riders outside of the meetup, but riders in the meetup are still visible and available for drafting to all other riders. You can also do a meetup and not select this option, which keeps all other riders visible and available for drafting just like you'd see normally on Zwift.

If you wanted to not see any other riders on Zwift, you could set up your own meetup using "Meetup-Only View" and then ride solo within that meetup without seeing any other riders.
this is an interesting idea. i might try it and see how it is. it would be more like my real life rides. i suspect that i would not perform as well because i do like to push myself trying to catch up with someone that is going harder than myself. i know it is blind competition and i am not competing but it does give me some incentive. i use CycleMeter when out on the road and it shows my position relative to my best from prior rides and that would be a neat feature for zwift.