View Single Post
Old 02-04-21, 08:56 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
The prepping hobby and thoughtful natural disaster preparedness combined with the coalescing around just one small stove canister design seems (non-scientific assessment alert!) to have improved the availability of Lindal valve canisters. Plus, small adapters for stove-to-butane cylinders and -propane canisters are available. (Hmm. The thought of resorting to a 1 lb. propane canister while cycletouring is equal parts humorous and painful.)
I had not thought of that as a reason why the'd be more available, but I believe it may be true.

Heet also deals with water in fuel lines and is sold year-round throughout the southern US as well.
I figured they might be a little less available in the south, but indeed I can find the here in Tallahassee and didn't have trouble finding them when riding the Southern Tier.

Oh and any of the pressurized liquid fuel stoves that I have used have a bit of a drill to firing them up. Not big deal, but after not using them for a year or more I find it prudent to practice the procedure a few times at home before heading out on a trip. That seems to be true of my SVEA 123 and my Whisperlite even if I have used them hundreds of times. Canister stoves and pop can stoves are simple enough as to not require that IME.

Last edited by staehpj1; 02-04-21 at 09:47 AM.