Anatolia
Lonesome Loser

Bikes: Junk with two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61
For example, for a #300, 6 foot rider who is experienced and wanting a road steed that is not dull but still durable, you’d be surprised to know that you could get away with some overbuilt wheels (higher spoke count) on some performance oriented rims (with machined sidewalls for rim brakes, or non-machined for disc specific) then set them up with thoroughly fast tires. Prompting a bit more performance out of yourself (and your bike) will get you back in the game. The payoff of getting past some of the pain and suffering of rehabbing your formerly athletic self into shape will be attained perhaps a bit faster... which will only help in the motivation department.
I appreciate your kind words. I took the e-bike out the last couple of days but honestly nothing gives me that feeling of autonomy, joy, and accomplishment than riding my steel horse 70 miles. The e-bike can be a good way to get back into your groove though but I never see that as a replacement. Anyway, I've at least been out there the last two days. First time in like 9 months and even that was more of a joy ride than anything serious, Gotta start somewhere. Again, great idea about the wheels. It should have been obvious but sometimes I get tunnel vision -- and sometimes quite honestly -- I'm looking for a solid reason to pick up a new bike if you catch my drift.
Likes For Anatolia: