WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...309308650.html

San Diego - needs touch ups but seller recognizes that it's not perfect. Has new tires and that Suntour Cyclone stuff too

​​​​​​1980's KHS Aero Turbo Vintage Road bike Xlarge - $200 (Poway)

Selling my KHS Aero Turbo road bike. This bike is definitely for the discerning cyclist on a budget. This bike is a Large-XL frame. 58 cm top tube and 62 cm seat tube. I am 6'2" with 32" inseam and it is a pretty good fit. If you have a 34"+ inseam, it would be perfect.
The good:
This bike is very good at attracting attention. From the very 80's decals to the hot pink paint. I have gotten numerous compliments from random cyclists while out on my weekend rides.
The bike rides amazingly well for being over 30 years old. (I am not entirely sure what year this bike is as the internet has very little info about this specific model). I have had this thing up to 34 mph on flat road and it felt surefooted and stable.
This bike has been modified with a 7 speed cassette and newer Mavic wheelset to make hills a bit easier.
New Conti tires and tubes were just installed.

The bad:
The paint is not perfect, which makes it a good commuter bike.
The headtube is a steeper angle than most modern bikes, so the handlebars don't center as they would on most bikes, meaning I would not ride this thing without hands.
I have had this bike set to friction shifting, but it can have indexed shifting, I just never bothered with setting that up.

Pedals and pump are not included. I might have some old flat pedals I can throw in with it, though.

$200 obo