cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 467 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I agree, it is not OK. Dylan Thomas had it right: "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." The fact that we get weaker is not an excuse to give up. It is not OK with me, not at all. I will fight, every inch of the way. This is what we do to keep our spirits up because yes, it sucks. Even though it sucks, we can still swing a hammer and we're not dead yet.
I totally get this - it is also my Overall Plan/Intent/Daily Mantra.
But I do 'modify' that Intent much more than I did in much younger times.
I'm no longer focused on Max Performance (haven't been there some time) . No Longer 'Dedicated' to a tight focus.
I'm Dedicated to Max Joy, Exploration and Appreciation of everything around me, in my observable world (which includes that which isn't easily connected to).
So 'Riding' now is a much bigger Universe. I ride for 'Improvement of my current self - even though it I'm clearly no where near what I was in prior days.
I ride in Social situations, groups and indiividuals whom I might not have ridden with before. I ride to Enjoy the Camraderie of a group and the ride environs.
ANd it's balanced quite a bit more with things "Not RIding'.
So, in Honesty, even though I still "Rage, rage against the dying of the light.", it's measured and mixed and much wider vision of me.
I'm OK with that, in fact, I feel so much more complete, more appreciative - a wonderful side of aging - finding Joy in your own, current skin.
...it's OK to work at the person you wish to become
Ride On
Yuri
EDIT: In that, I'm 25 minutes away from heading to a Sunday ride in which I will get 'shelled' for sure, if not on the 1st climb, certainly the "hill of pain", that 3rd bump... ANd I'm looking forward to it ! And the conversation after, with my small stout ale in hand !

Last edited by cyclezen; 10-08-23 at 09:21 AM.
Likes For cyclezen: