Old 07-03-19, 05:30 AM
kb40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. I am new to cycling and from what I've gather so far, a true tri bike isn't something I'll need anytime soon as I'm only doing tri's just to challenge myself (i.e. not trying to win them). I started Crossfit a few years ago a love it. Since starting, I went from running very infrequently to now doing 10ks, 10milers, half marathons, etc. pretty routinely. This year I decided I wanted to tackle a new challenge and triathlons were it. So in terms of a bike, I want something that will be fast enough (so I'm not getting smoked by 70yr old grandmas like my last year) but also comfortable enough to ride that I would ride it more often than just when doing tri's. I may only do 3-4 tri's a year so I would want a bike that I can ride for the sake of riding (not just competing in tri's). Everyone bike person I spoke with told me that given my quest, I'm better off buying a road bike and maybe throwing on some aero bars to assist in getting a tri bike feel but with a more versatile bike.

Thanks for the info that $1600 is too much for the Roubaix. I'll keep looking. I haven't tried either bike (giant or Roubaix) but was planning to test the giant out shortly (it hadn't come in yet). Are there any other bikes you guys would suggest I look at in terms of what I'm looking for (comfortable bike, fast enough, that I can use in tri's and also just for sake of riding). Thanks for the help