Old 02-09-18, 12:11 AM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
Brawlo, are you a sprinter? Is your fitter familiar with the needs of track sprinters? How are standing starts with the float for you?
My fitter is very familiar with the requirements of a sprinter and was a high level (enduro) track racer in his day. Standing starts with the float are absolutely fine. I have never ever pulled a foot. That includes countless bike standing starts in racing and training before I adopted straps. That also includes thousands of trainer starts with a Kurt Kinetic and more recently a Kickr. When I was fitted for my custom frame, the fitter used the Retul system. You can see in real time the various movements and tracking that body parts take as you pedal. My fitter is of the opinion (very well backed by science and experience) that the only time a fixed cleat should be used is when the position is perfectly dialed in, and only then if the rider's pedaling action will accommodate the fixed position via a very linear and smooth action.

I'm a relative gumby in this game. I believe everyone is different and I am just passing on the wisdom of someone that has a mountain of experience more than me.