Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
I do buy it, because of the fiber, which slows the absorption of sugar and the resulting shock on the pancreas. Whole fruit wins over fruit juice for the same reason. White flour and sugar, particularly sugary soda pop, is indeed a big part of the problem.
Well you missed my point. The point of yours that I was contesting was your only diet guideline....avoid white sugar and white flour.

Originally Posted by John E
Avoiding white sugar and white flour is a pretty good start on a magic diet.

Walking aerobically 30 minutes or more per day is a pretty good start on a magic exercise or activity.

Avoiding the Standard American Diet and Sedentary American Lifestyle (SAD SAL) is a good start at putting more years in your life and life in your years, not to mention money in your bank account.
I just don't see how avoiding white sugar is going to be a magic bullet to put you well on your way to health if you substitute any other sugar in it's place.

And I'm not too sold on the idea that whole grain breads will save me either. Bread of any sort shouldn't be a major part of your diet IMO. And if I'm eating a good diet anyway with plenty of real vegetables, getting plenty of fiber. Then I don't need anything whole grain bread gives me. So I'm going to enjoy my homemade bread with white flour.

It's not your overall picture I'm disagreeing with. It's your specific's of white sugar and white flour. While admittedly, used in large quantity they might be worse than others. It's such a narrow margin that avoiding them but substituting others only gets you nothing measurable in return.

Last edited by Iride01; 07-14-19 at 09:37 AM.