Old 09-21-19, 02:12 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
I'm trying to follow your logic:

1. You are faster on a CX bike than you are on a full-suspension mountain bike.
2. Therefore, a CX bike will make a good road bike with a change of wheels.
3. But, the CX bike will only work as a road bike if you know how to ride CX, which Americans don't because they learned to ride on mountain bikes.

Is that about right?
Have you ever ridden a full suspension MTB up hills? It doesn't sound that way.

Also you don't seem to follow a conversation very well - is English your second language? Maybe you can explain to me what difference you believe there is between a CX and a road bike?

Are you riding a Walmart bike and dreaming that you now are in heaven? I'm sitting here with A Colnago CLX3.0, a Colnago Master,, a Lemond Zurich, a Pinarello Stelvio, a Pinarello Torino, a Ridley XBow , a Redline Conquest, a Basso Loto, a Backroads Chohalo and a Mercian in the garage. I've built every one of them from frame up and most with Campy Record components. I've sold off a Trek HiFi 29er and a Gary Fisher full suspension and a couple of hardtails. I missed riding the first three months of the year so I only have 3,500 miles and 138,000 ft of climbing. I finished off last year with 4,500 miles and over 250,000 ft of climbing and I'm 75 years old and started riding when a hot setup was a Peugeot PX-10 with sewups. I have a large bag of Bontrager caps that Keith gave to me when he was closing his doors in Santa Cruz after he sold his name off.

Out of curiosity what have you done? I don't mean to insult you but neither do I need someone other than my two brothers and my wife insulting me.