Old 10-03-18, 08:56 AM
Ray9

Bikes: Cannondale six-13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Cuyuna
I've never heard of a cholecystectomy-mediated vitamin K deficiency and doubt that it's a factor. It would be easy enough to measure with a simple prothrombin time or INR and it wouldn't be unreasonable to make sure that your platelet count is appropriate. Your intradermal bleeding is far more likely to be about capillary fragility in your aging, sun-damaged skin, not vitamin K. If you take daily low-dose aspirin, that could contribute by impairing platelet aggregation that would normally quickly stop bleeding from such minor capillary trauma, but your purpuric lesions don't have anything to do with blood coagulation (where vitamin K is involved).

If I was your physician, I'd be FAR more worried about your reflux disease than the purple blotches on your skin.
I had an endoscopy with my colonoscopy in 2007 and no evidence of damage or deterioration was found in my esophagus. I take medication for reflux for three weeks just twice a year and use Pepcid. I watch my diet and avoid foods that give me reflux. I have been toying with idea of Human growth Hormone but it is really only effective if administered by injection. When I ride I know that the Grim Reaper is in the pack and I am in the breakaway.