canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by scozim
I'm bored while I try to heal and treat my neck so it's time to try another drop bar conversion. The last was on a Trek 800 Antelope that is stupid heavy. Now I figured I'll try it with the 93 Trek 950. May need a Technomic stem or use a quill adapter to get the bars a little taller but will set it up first with a quill stem to see how it works. Think I'll go with the bar end shifters like last time.
Try a low rise albatross or North Roads bar. You can reuse most of the same bar mounted controls. Probably the same stem (and, if applicable, same cable hangers for cantilever brakes). That's what I did with my Univega Via Carisma. Huge difference in comfort with my injured neck and shoulder, with more hand positions and even more aerodynamic than the flat and riser bars I'd been using.

I have a spare road bike stem to try later as my injuries heal. I'll need a separate cable hanger, lower on the stem or head tube to get the cable loop out of the way.

For now I'm using some cheap SunRace thumb shifters I already had. Eventually I'll switch to bar end shifters.