View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 02:31 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
Don't put too much stock in the "aero bikes are stiff and ride rough" hype. My Propel rides great, is comfortable enough for me to ride 7-8000 miles a year with a substantial percentage of those miles being on rural highways in a wide variety of conditions. I test rode it side by side with a TCR and the primary subjective difference was a little weight (less than a half lb if I remember correctly). Both rode well enough that I made my decision based on the fact that I spend more time in the wind than I do climbing.

Compared to a Defy (my first Giant road bike), the aggressive geometry of the TCR and the Propel were a big adjustment, but in an A/B comparison, the differences are subtle.

You really should ride them side by side. There is no substitute for personal experience.
Most definitely! Will ride both at Giant hopefully tomorrow. Also going to try and get a Madone ride in tonight if I can for a point of reference.

the value prop of the Giants though are compelling, with Ultegra Di2, power meter and pro fitting.