Thread: Hex Wrench Set
View Single Post
Old 01-19-21, 11:08 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 3,999 Times in 2,668 Posts
Originally Posted by aggiegrads
I found that there a couple Wera bits that are JIS. At $1.67, there wasn’t much of a reason not to toss a few in my last cart. https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-135042...-phillips-bit/

They make good small gifts for my cycling buddies.
OH SHOOT, I didn't notice that and here I am thinking "don't need those". Now I am thinking "NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED (want)!" Will have to pick some up.

I am going to say this I don't know about most shops using JIS. Now it is hopefully getting a little more common and I know our shop seems to be on board but my old shop didn't and I can imagine a lot of mechanics not knowing just from ones I have talked with and seeing some shops. Now that Park has a derailleur screwdriver it might get better and QBP occasionally has JIS screwdrivers which do tend to sell out quickly so there is hope but I don't know that it has gotten to where it needs to be.

I personally am a JIS for just about everything, I haven't met a Phillips head screw that hasn't loved my JIS driver. (insert sex jokes as needed)

Last edited by veganbikes; 01-19-21 at 11:12 AM.