View Single Post
Old 02-10-13, 05:07 PM
spacemanz

Bikes: Frejus/Bertin/Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, I went, and spent too much money, but I certainly can't complain about the deals. I need to research some of this stuff a lot better, but my main score was a pair of Campy Record hubs, Low-Flange but buttery-smooth, laced to Velocity Razor rims, plus they had tubes & tires, Schwalbe Duranos mounted up & lightly inflated. I felt like a jackass on the way home, because the seller gave me a great price, but I still offered $20 less. He took it & said he could see that I'd appreciate them, and seemed happy with the deal, but afterwards I realized that I should have just paid the price he first asked. Whoever you are, I'll pass along the karma to someone, & thanks again. I also got some Shimano 600 Arabesque derailleurs, both in VG+ condition, an unidentified-by-me-yet Campy FD, an old Unicanitor (Cinelli) saddle with a chunk of leather missing, LOL, a couple Silca pumps (the Bottechia is just for the shell, which looks cool, the innards are screwy), with one Silca head and one Campy, and a couple pairs of grips. I'm still not sure if that one pair is leather or fake, but they do look cool as heck, for $5. BTW, I didn't realize Velocity rims were made in Australia, until I saw these ones. Henceforth & heretofore, these shall be known as my kangaroo wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
001 (Small).jpg (54.7 KB, 11 views)
005 (Small).jpg (48.9 KB, 11 views)
006 (Small).jpg (54.6 KB, 14 views)
007 (Small).JPG (79.8 KB, 14 views)
008 (Small).JPG (67.5 KB, 13 views)
011 (Small).jpg (45.1 KB, 15 views)
013 (Small).JPG (58.4 KB, 11 views)
014 (Small).JPG (81.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by spacemanz; 02-10-13 at 05:17 PM.